Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Sweet Pepper Sauce

I am addicted to this sauce! It has deliciously increased my intake of fresh vegetables and has made sweet peppers, from Costco, a staple in my fridge. Enjoy over anything from tilapia (our favorite) to potatoes, or as a dip for pita chips or a butter toasted baguette. I like to serve this over tilapia with an accompanying dollop of mango salsa and fresh avacado bits, with buttered bread on the side. I just had it for lunch today over a baked potatoe with some sour cream.


INGREDIENTS
10-15 Sweet mini peppers or equivalent amount of red, yellow and orange bell peppers
*DO NOT USE GREEN PEPPERS they will make the sauce a very unappetizing brown color
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
2-3 cloves of garlic
1 tsp lemon or lime juice
salt & pepper to taste

It's that simple and it's delicious! Enjoy.


2 comments:

  1. Do mini peppers taste the same as normal bell peppers? And any guess how many normal bell peppers would be the equivalent of 10-15 little ones?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No the mini sweet peppers do not taste the same, they are sweeter and to me make this sauce better than the regular bell peppers. I would say maybe 3 or 4 bell peppers would be the equivalent.

    ReplyDelete