Sunday, July 24, 2011

Fresh Peach Pie

Two posts in one day- Anna won't believe it!

Yesterday, our ward had a pie making competition for the Pioneer day celebration activity, and I thought I would participate. Being summer, I thought it only fitting to bring a fresh fruit pie. I debated only shortly between strawberry and peach once I remembered I'd read this recipe on Debbie's blog. So peach I brought- and Third place I won!

Now what to do with my prize of canned imitation snow and Utah Jazz thunder sticks?

Peach Pie

Step 1: Bake Pie Crust (you can make your own, or just buy the Pillsbury pie crust and then bake it) I used the recipe from Annie's eats blog. It was delish!

Step 2: Jello Mixture
2 cups sugar
2 cups water
5 TBL corn starch
Bring to boil and cook on stove top until thick
Add 6 TBL peach jello (1 pkg)
1 tsp vanilla
2 TBL butter
Let this mixture cool

Step 3: Cream Cheese Filling
Mix 8 oz. softened package of cream cheese 1 cup of cool whip
1 cup of powdered sugar
Smooth in bottom of pie crust

Step 4: peel and slice 10-12 peaches (My pan only allowed for 6 peaches)

Line pie crust with cream cheese filling, sliced peaches, and top with jello mixture and chill.

*Slight alterations I would recommend: Add the peaches to the jello mixture before you put it all in the pie pan. And I served it with fresh whipped cream!

**This is NOT a healthy dessert. But some things are worth the calories...

No comments:

Post a Comment